Purehold LEVER - Antimicrobial Door Handle Cover (with VHR)
The Purehold LEVER is a self-cleaning, antimicrobial door handle cover, that effortlessly “clips” onto your existing lever handle and has been proven to kill Coronavirus, Vaccinia Virus and the H1N1 virus. It now comes with Visual Hygiene Reminder (VHR) Technology as standard to provide the ultimate re-assurance to users!
Using silver technology, the coating combats pathogens deposited onto the surface by users and then works continuously, 24/7. Aimed at reducing cross-contamination from one user to the next, the Purehold LEVER is easily installed onto door handles by simply "snapping" into place in under 30 seconds. It's perfect for all lever handle doors!
** INFORMATION : CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ON DOOR HANDLES **
Scientists have confirmed that Coronavirus (COVID-19) can survive on door handles for up to NINE DAYS. As a result, there’s never been a better time to install the Purehold range of hygienic door handles at your site, to help reduce the risk and spread of Coronavirus between door users. Our Purehold Antimicrobial Range of door handle covers & Push Plates use Silver Ion technology on the coating to kill bacteria and viruses. They have been tested and proven effective against Human Coronavirus, Vaccinia Virus* and the H1N1 virus (tested to BS ISO Certified to ISO 22196 & ISO 21702).
*Vaccinia Virus is one of the hardest viruses to destroy using a biocide.
The Purehold LEVER will fit most lever door handles around the world. There are two variations of the Purehold LEVER :
- LEVER STRAIGHT - will fit
- DIAMETER : 18mm, 19mm, 20mm, 21mm or 22mm
- LENGTH : any size between 100mm to 150mm
- LEVER RTD - will fit
- DIAMETER : 18mm, 19mm, 20mm, 21mm, or 22mm
- LENGTH : any size between 110mm to 140mm
Please identify which type of door handles you have at your site (i.e. Straight or RTD) and then order the appropriate Purehold LEVER.
- Proven in the lab to kill 99.9% of bacteria, using silver technology embedded into handle surface (independently tested to ISO 22196).
- Proven in the field to be 96.4% cleaner than standard door handles (independently tested).
- BS ISO Certified to ISO 22196 & ISO 21702 - Tested against Human Coronavirus and Vaccinia Virus.
- Simply clipped over existing lever door handles, the Purehold LEVER can be fitted in less than 30 seconds and requires no tools or experience.
- VHR Technology now comes as standard with all Purehold PULL, PUSH & LEVER handles!
- No chemicals or poisons – simply harmless silver ions.
- Can help improve hygiene and reduce costly staff sickness & disruption - The annual cost of a handle is less than the cost of even a single days' basic salary at the Minimum Wage Rate.
- Lasts 6 months once fitted, with timestrip indicator to prompt replacement when needed.
- Extremely robust and sturdy, with no maintenance required.
- Stylish look to complement your existing door handles.
- Can be recycled.
How It Works
It's as simple as 1,2,3
- Microbes are deposited onto the door handle by users.
- Silver ions (Ag) penetrate the cell membrane of the microbe.
- The ions suffocate the microbe and attack it's DNA to prevent reproduction.
Common microbes found on door furniture include E-coli, Salmonella, Camplylobacteur and Staph Aureus.
Visual Hygiene Reminder (VHR) Technology
The Purehold LEVER now comes with Visual Hygiene Reminder (VHR) Technology as standard, to provide the ultimate re-assurance to users when using Purehold’s hygienic door handles and push plates!
Lab Test :
ISO 21702:2019 (measurement of antiviral activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces). Coating was shown to:
- Proven to Kill Human Coronavirus 229E
- Proven to Kill Vaccinia Virus
ISO 22196:2011 (measure of antibacterial activity on plastics and other surfaces). Coating was shown to:
- Kill 99.99% of E-coli
- Kill 99.99% of Staph Aureus
- Kill 98.6% of Salmonella
Field Trials :
- 3 door locations selected (Male toilet, female toilet and busy canteen)
- Stainless steel door handles provided benchmark
- 2 swabs taken from each door handle trialled
- 3 separate field trials undertaken
- Purehold Antibacterial coating showed to be 96.4% (on average) cleaner than stainless steel
CLICK HERE to read the FAQs
CLICK HERE to Download the DATASHEET
For further information, please contact us.
The Purehold LEVER is Registered Design Protected and Patent Pending
We Also Recommend
Purehold PRO - Gel Dispensing Hygienic Door Handle (incl. FREE INSTALLATION by a Purehold Engineer)