Portable, High Powered, Industrial Ozone Generators - specifically designed for Food Factories
** ONLY AVAILABLE FROM PUREHOLD – YOU CANNOT BUY/RENT FROM ANY OTHER SUPPLIER **
Simply turn on and walk away. Once full cycle has been completed, it is safe to re-enter the room.
Allowing you to undertake your own swab testing and prove how effective Ozone is.
Ozone gas is the most powerful oxidising agent permitted for use at this time in the UK. As an oxidising agent it is 51% stronger than chlorine and has a kill rate of 3.125 times faster. These Ozone generators produce a very high concentration of Ozone gas to fill an enclosed area in a short amount of time and disinfect all areas of the room and any equipment in it. Ozone has been extensively proven to combat bacteria, viruses, fungi, spores and biofilms, making it an extremely effective disinfectant for any food factory. Although it’s classified as a Biocide, it’s completely natural, environmentally friendly and leaves no chemical residue (unlike most Biocides), meaning it’s suitable for all food production and processing facilities, including organic sites.
These portable Ozone generators are the most powerful on the market and are only available from Purehold. They can disinfect small areas (like Chiller rooms) within 1 hour, or large production areas (up to 2,000 m³) within 8 hours! Whatever the size of your area and pathogen, Ozone can help!
As an oxidising agent, Ozonated Gas is 51% stronger than chlorine and has a kill rate of 3.125 times faster. Ozone owes its biocidal effectiveness to its ability to oxidise organic material in bacterial membranes, which weakens the cell wall and leads to cell rupture causing immediate death of the cell.
In contrast, chlorine, and all other oxidising and non-oxidising biocides, must be transported across the cell membrane in order to interfere with either the nuclear reproductive mechanism or various enzymatic life giving reactions in the cell, in either event resulting in substantially less biocidal efficiency.
For this reason, ozone is capable of destroying all bacteria, algae and biofilms with no risk of resistance build up or immunity.
Benefits of using Ozone over traditional surface disinfectants
- Ozone is the most powerful oxidising agent permitted for use at this time. As an oxidising agent it is 51% stronger than chlorine and has a kill rate of 3.125 times faster.
- Effectiveness - Proven to combat bacteria, viruses, fungi, spores and biofilms.
- No employees are required as this is an automated disinfection system. This saves money long term from not having to employee staff to physically sanitise the rooms/equipment each night.
- Complete coverage - being a gas, Ozone is guaranteed to get into hard to reach areas which may be missed during cleaning cycles. This includes any Evap units in the Chiller that are notoriously difficult to clean and often get neglected.
- Saves space and money - there is no need to buy and store large amounts of chemical disinfectants/sanitisers.
- Does not generate resistant bacteria like some traditional chemicals can, making it ideal for long term use.
- Leaves no residue - Ozone degrades back to oxygen
- Health & Safety - Ozone technology has come a long way in the last 10 years and is now safer than ever to use.
- Campden BRI - a recent Listeria conference held by Campden BRI listed Ozone treatment as a solution for site decontamination in the fight against Listeria.
- Widely proven in the field - Ozone is widely used by European and American food factories to help disinfect storage rooms and production facilities. Major UK food manufactures are now embracing the technology to help combat persistent pathogens such as Listeria, E.Coli, Salmonella and Campylobacter.
- Extends shelf life of food products - as well as being a surface disinfectant, Ozone can also be used to extend the shelf life of produce because Ozone stops the production of ethylene given off by fruit and salads, thus they stay fresh longer.
Ozonated gas is typically used to
- Disinfect rooms and equipment where fogging or traditional chemical sanitisers are not achieving acceptable results
- Disinfecting areas where food products are stored and cannot be removed easily (Ozone is completely food safe and leaves no residue)
- Disinfect Chiller Evaporation Units / Air ventilation systems that are nearly impossible to clean regularly and which often circulate bacteria throughout the room.
UK Food Factory Testimonials
Here are just a few testimonials from many UK factories that have successfully tested the technology:
“The testing has gone well and in most instances removed Listeria after use”
Hygiene Manager, Major Snack Food Manufacturer
“Great results from the line running Ozone. This will support my Listeria project meeting with the MD today”
Quality Assurance Compliance Lead, Major Cheese Manufacturer
“In the ingredient chiller we have had clear results from that chiller for the last few weeks since running the machine every week in that area”
QA Manager, Major Convenience Food Manufacturer
“Following your training, our H&S manager is now happy with us to use Ozone on site”
Hygiene Manager, Major Produce Supplier
Which Ozone unit is right for my site?
In order to work out which size Ozone generator you require for your site, we need to know a few important pieces of information from you, such as room sizes and the amount of time available to run Ozone. Please contact us and one of our experts will run you through the information we require.
Want to trial?
We know most companies can’t introduce a new chemical such as Ozonated Gas without trialling it first. As such we offer all food factories a chance to trial the technology. Please contact us and one of our experts will run you through the information we require to arrange a trial at your site.
Available to either purchase outright, or prefer to try before you commit? 2 month trial rentals available!
PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL US ON 02392 299 100 TO REQUEST A QUOTE
Interested in using Ozonated Water instead of Ozonated Gas? See our Ozonated Water page for more information. CLICK HERE
Additional Information & Questions
We are here to help so if you have any questions please contact us. There’s no hard sale or pressure – we simply want to answer any questions you have! You can then go back to your team and present the information and see if Ozone is something your site wants to trial.